Wednesday, February 07, 2007

If today is snorkeling it must be Wednesday.


Hohoho
Someone may become cross to have his photo posted, but I thought it a nice one. Ain't he a cutie?

I think it is Wednesday. The days all blur together, what with no newspaper/television and everyday's weather being the same.
Every morning a small troop of spider monkeys scampers around the hotel grounds, hoping to get something to eat. They love chips but nasty potato chips and Doritos are not good for them. We limit our offerings to bananas, which they love as well.

I believe Someone went to town with John, searching for a working ATM machine. We erred that we were going to rely on plastic; people want cash rather.
Doug is no doubt scrounging the countryside for critters. We haven't seen much of him since his equipment arrived.
The Other Michael has a bad back today, so I doped him up with some Motrin etc.
We wrote 20 postcards today. We'll see if they beat us home.
This afternoon we go on a cruise that includes snorkeling. I have snorkeled in many years. There will be a supper on board and a sunset into the Pacific Ocean. Oh what a life.

I hope all my blog buddies are doing OK. The connection here is spotty. So when I do 'connect' I use it to post rather than read. I hope it is not too "February" back home. Rumors are it is very cold especially in the Midwest. I wish I could send some of this heat your way.

It is the birthday of Charles Dickens: act accordingly!

Urs,
Urspo of Costa Rica.

15 Comments:

Blogger TigerYogi said...

"It is the birthday of Charles Dickens: act accordingly!"

I have no idea how to respond to that!

We are freezing up here! Send some heat soon! ;)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all sound like quite the group of guys.

I laugh to think of Doug all in full face pait sneaking through the jungle with his "equipment". Some trip!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cash? Cash? What's that?

LOL!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

He IS one handsome man... I do hope I have been acting accordingly today... sounds like you all are having a wonderful time!

12:37 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

He is a cutie
Spo.

In regards to Charles Dickens;
The conditions under which working-class people lived were major themes of his works.

We don't have to act. :)

Your vacation sounds fabulous.

3:48 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Someone is quite adorable.

I'm glad you are having a wonderful time. Feel free to send warmth...

4:08 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Someone is very handsome...but he looks a bit hot. Get ye snorkeling quick.

Sounds like you're all having a great time; why aren't you out scouting bugs with Doug? You might find a nice tarantula or something.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a little something for you on my blog when you come back! *LMAO*

8:58 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

If you use cash, you get the uofficial exchange rate, which is always better, and they get the undeclared income. It a Win/Win deal!
I hope you're getting siesta time with Someone. It just sounds so go-go-go.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

I'm glad you are having a good time. Someone is definitely a cutie. As for the cold in the midwest, I lost all feeling in my outer extremeties a week ago and there's no sign of it getting better in the near future. Enjoy the warmth for all of us.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Spo..eat that man of yours up alive. HEHEHE! Sounds as if the adventures continue. I'm laughing at the thougth of Doug just up and disappearing. He must be like a kid in a candy store with all those jungle critters and having his equipment now.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

You seem to be having a wonderful time.
If you don't know what day it is, that's a good sign.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the prior post. I had to delete it. It wasn't working properly. Sorry!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

What a handsome man. Be careful the natives don't try to take him away. You know your going to have a lot of reading to do when you return...

8:16 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

Man these pictures were great! I wanted to see more of you! Life is good!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home