Sunday, February 04, 2007

Greetings from Central America!

Hola!
We are finally at our destination, a resort called La Plantacion AKA Big Ruby's, in Quecops Costa Rica. I am happy to see there is internet status; soon I can post some photos. Meanwhile the story so far -
Someone and I arrived in San Jose better off than Doug and the other 3. Doug is sure to talk about it in his own blog; not only was their flight completely screwed up - their luggage remains lost! Can you imagine? Day #3 still dressed in the same Midwest clothes! We all hope the luggage arrives tonight.
Yesterday we four spent an all day tour to an active volcano. It is rather stunning to watch a mountain belch red liquid/rumble and spew steam. In contrast - we watched this from a hot springs resort at the base, bathing in very hot waters heated by the volanco. What an experience to sit under a waterfall with hot water pouring on top of you.
The money is the colon; ~ 500 colones = 1 dollar. We need not have bothered to convert our cash or learn Spanish as (so far) the locals prefer dollars and want to speak English.
Today we took a puddle jumper to the Pacific coast. It is much warmer here on the coast. It is 30 degrees Celsius and the humidity is high.
I sit on a veranda overlooking a jungle. I have a hammock.
Well, I am sure to post some photos after we finally unpack. I have a week to DO NOTHING and I quite looking forward to it.
Urs,
Ur-Spo of Costa Rica
P.S. so far no tarantulas.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cool. Glad you boys made it there safe. Costa Rica is one of my dream vacation spots. You know I expect to see lots of photographs! lol.

Enjoy your stay...and take some time to RELAX. You deserve it :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger David said...

Sounds pretty amazing there, apart from the lost luggage!

5:49 PM  
Blogger abnitude said...

sounds like an exciting trip. i would hate the luggage losing experience. stay safe!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Sounds like fun. No clothes, what's the problem, buy new or go naked.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

Glad you there safely. Now spend some time relaxing. You deserve it.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Ya, relax and enjoy!?

The blog can wait.

But I do wanna see pics when you get back.

5:23 AM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

"The money is the colon..."

I had to read that line a few times. I thought that you were going to head down a completely different road!

Glad that you're enjoying yourselves! I hope that luggage turns up soon as well! :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

It sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see pics.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Mmmm....soaking in warm waters neaturally heated by a volcano.....envy sets in....

10:46 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Glad to hear about the tarantulas... so - as money disapears from your wallet, you can say the local businesses are doing a "colonoscopy" on you? Sometimes I KILL myself...

Enjoy, rest, soak and get lots of pictures!

11:01 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

Enjoy yourself Spo, get lost in the freedom of doing whatever you want.

PS What's that old joke about the colon in control of the body?

5:08 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I'm so happy to hear you've not been attacked by a herd of marauding tarantulas!

9:27 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I imagine if you pay the locals with dollars you get a much better exchange rate than the hotel will give you.
It's beautiful there, isn't it?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home