Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Spo-Reflections on a Tuesday Night

Yikes I have a truckload of notes to write tonight. I’ll have just enough time to eat some supper, go for a walk, do my paperwork and go to sleep – only to wake up and do it all over again. I recall a Japanese film about a couple who live at the bottom of a sandy pit. Every day they have to evacuate the fallen sand that fell the previous night. Over and over repetition. So much of life is like that; the daily routine of the same.

So there is not much time to write this evening.

I recommend you go to Temporary Trouble Spots. Michael Guy recently posted an interview on a podcast. It was good to hear, not only to hear his cheer voice again but to here his thoughtful exploration on what blogging means to him. It is inspirational to keep writing.

It reminded me that one of the main reasons for starting my blog last February was a desire to write. I did not know what I would write, but I wanted to write something. So it did. The photos and the links/comments came later. Months later, people were actually reading my scribbles - and coming back too. Friendships blossomed: now I seem to be in a network of writers from all over, and all sizes/shapes and sexes.

As year #2 approaches next month, I hope to do more essay writing, and less recording of daily doings recording. But we shall see. I don’t have a “Hari Selden plan” for this. In the style of traditional psychoanalysis, free association and expansion lead in time to Truth. What needs to come out will come out; no need to hurry it along.

May your sleep be sound this night. With dreams of fish and turtles from the deep sea

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fish does dream
though he does not sleep
he thinks of the worm
on the line he keeps
the turtle swims with sonorous grace
his slow motion dance
in a tireless, effortless race
our own, perchance?

peaceful dreams of warm waters, my friend

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I thought tonight was dreams of Jack Radcliffe!!!

9:35 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

The thought of sound sleep appeals to me. Where do I sign up for that?

10:55 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

I've been up since 5:30 a.m. so I think I'll sleep just fine. I'm glad your out there writing. It's nice to hear what you have to say.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Spo...I'll take you any way I can get you! ;-) LOL. Just don't step in the way of me getting Jack Radcliffe or this bitch can be real nasty. HEHEHE!

1:43 AM  
Blogger jnuts said...

I think of blogging as my own little couch session. Of course, my couch isn't very comfortable, but it beats sitting on nails.

6:40 AM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

"Hari Selden Plan"

Somebody has read the "Foundation" series... ;)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Great line from that Japanese film: Do you live to shovel sand, or do you shovel sand to live?

If you recall, the hero, who is trapped with the woman in the dunes, winds up staying with her voluntarily, shoveling sand...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Hanuman - good catch on the reference. I was hoping someone would notic it; clever man.
Bruce - I am glad someone beside myself saw this film - do you recall its title? I am keen to see it again.

1:45 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

Spo, it's title is, Suna no onna.

I enjoy your scribbles about your daily doing but also look forward to your essay writing.

I also agree with you on the free asssociation, in fact I love it.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

I personally quite like the journaling. It's a format you can't go to the bookstore and pick up. Hopefully you aren't feeling too overwhelmed with all of the big events coming up.

6:21 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Perhaps if you ask very nicely, you could get Someone to do something therapeutic for you while you work.
Blogging has been berry, berry good to me.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home