Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nasty Food MEME

1.Your oddest craving?
Olives stuffed with jalapenos.
2. The forbidden food?
No veal.
3. A dish that makes you queasy?
Cheesecake; it gets me quite nauseated.
4. Your least favorite food vegetable?
cauliflower
5. Your worst cooking disaster?
Once I tried to make a ‘daffodil bundt cake. It looked, smelled and tasted bad.
6. A Cooking exercise you don’t do well?
To this day I can’t make rice properly. It never turns out right.
7. Food that arouses the most suspicion?
Twinkies; what exactly is in them?
8. A drink you used to drink but no more?
Whole milk; I don’t do skim milk much either
9. Least favorite fast food chain?
Long John Silver’s; always makes me sick.
10. When in doubt, eat….
Boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
11. A restaurant faux pas that would get you to speak up?
Cold food that is supposed to be hot.
12. Is there something spoiled in the fridge right now?
A cucumber is looking rather pruny with some white fuzz at one end.
13. Food you can’t buy as your spouse/partner won’t allow it in the house
Mayonnaise. He is quite adverse to even its mention.
14. Food your spouse/partner likes that you don’t like.
Chocolate mint ice cream.
15. Your least favorite type of cuisine?
I am not fond of Mandarin Chinese food; too bland
16. I food you hated as a child but now love?
Lots! Tomatoes being the biggest hate to love transformation.

18 Comments:

Blogger jnuts said...

Nice to see another person who refuses to eat veal.

And once you grow and eat your own tomatoes, you never want to eat a store-bought one again. No depth, no real flavor. Too bad it is such a bitch to grow them out here.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about homemade mayo?

It's actually kinda good, and you know what's in it!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Oh - I LOVE THIS - and as picky an eater as I am... consider this one stolen (with full credit of course...)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Doug Taron said...

This is great. I'll definitely do this one.

9:51 AM  
Blogger john said...

I love Long John Silvers!! But I do agree it is rather greasy.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another potential thief here.

10:19 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

I'm with you on the veal. I saw a documentary on how they were raised when I was a kid. Stayed with me forever. :(

11:17 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

I'll send you a recipe for rice when I get home tonight. Perfect every time. then I'll steal the Meme too. Looks like everyone you know will have the same post running tomorrow.

11:40 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I need to do this Meme.

Rice??? Easy-schmeazy. I'll give you a lesson.

I have no idea what's in a Twinkie either.

1:01 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Concerning twinkies: any food item that has a shelf-life longer than the average human life-span frightens me.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

No mint chip? I'm with you on most of your list but this one I disagree with.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

hohoho
this was actually a food meme stolen from some other blog some weeks ago, but over time it 'decayed' from positive to nasty. Overall more interesting, no?

6:41 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Buy a rice steamer. Rice is sort of like Macs and cheese for me.
Actually if you take the rice out of the heat Before it looks done, it'll finish up on it's own.
It's barbaric to eat veal, and it doesn't taste good either.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daffodil Bundt Cake? A cake made with flowers? lol.

I'll have to try the olives stuffed with jalapenos, sounds great!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I agree whole-heartedly on line #16. It was the same way for me. I can't live without tomatos now. I love good Roma and grape tomatoes!

11:56 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

The SMELL of Long John Silvers makes me sick.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

I share the same experience with tomatoes. The daffodil bundt cake sounds really interesting. Do you have a rice cooker? And I think you should really try Annie's Macaroni and Cheese (which I lovingly refer to as Bunny Pasta), it's quite delicious. I used to hate Mayo as well, and I think it should be used sparingly. When you say Mandarin food do you mean Dim Sum? Or maybe I'm just bad with knowing my different types of Chinese food.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Maddog said...

I learned to eat tomatoes as a an adult and they are one of my favorite foods now.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home