Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"What I did this summer"

I don’t recall writing these lame papers in elementary school. Did anyone?

We are watching our pennies this year, so what summer trips we have two criteria; they are not too expensive and they are out of Phoenix.

Trip #1 – to Colorado; to attend a family reunion.
My father is organizing this, and I am going to lend support. It sounds a bit disappointing as none of my brothers or first cousins will be there. Mostly my father’s cousins, who are my first cousins, once removed. I am looking forward to seeing Colorado as well as kin.
Trip #2 – to Flagstaff; to attend a pride event.
We will volunteer therein and then see the local sights. Driving through Flagstaff on the way here last year, it looks like northern Michigan. That may be nice to experience ‘back east’.
Trip #3 – to Tucson; to attend to a friend.
A chum comes to Arizona – in the middle of July! – to hike and catch butterflies (and no doubt get sun stroke in the process). We’ll go see him and give out water.
Trip #4 – to Santa Fe; to attend the opera.
We saw NM last winter. We will see it now in summer. We get to see this legendary opera house, and hear Salome, one of my favorites.

That is ‘what I did this summer” – or will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home