Monday, May 15, 2006

Impasse?

So far I’ve managed to avoid talking about politics (nasty), my family (lest they be reading), and Someone (who wouldn’t like our dirty laundry out in public). I’ve written a few pieces on where I live and what I do, both for a living and as past times. I don’t want to complain about the government, as everyone seems to be doing that, and they may be reading too (I wish them luck on my phone calls though, which are mostly from psychiatric patients; I wonder what they sound like to a NRA flunkey?).

So what is there next/left?
As Prior Walter says in Angels in America “It’s something you learn after your second theme party; it’s all been done before”. I can’t come up with any topic, thing or matter that hasn’t been blogged to death already.

Ironically, I have been doing a lot more reading since I started this little pet project. I read my favorite writers, I look at friend’s blogs. I try to get inspiration and look at styles without consciously trying to pilfer. I’ve enjoyed reading books and novels more than ever, as I am now reading for form as well as content. I may never be a good write, but this experience is helping my reading skills, no harm in that.

So, I will stick with advise my 2 blogger friends have given me; write about yourself and write, write, write!.
And if I build it and no one comes, then that is that.

Or, I start to tell all about my family……..

1 Comments:

Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I had to giggle at this, did you mean nSa, not nRa? Because the National Rifle Association listening in on a psychiatrists phone call makes me laugh for some psychotic reason.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home