Sunday, April 23, 2006

All work and no play makes Jack get abducted by aliens

It is late saturday night; technically early sunday morning. It is Shakespeare's birthday. This reminds me to call my nephew who has a birthday today as well. I am giving the munchkin man a collection of stories from Shakespeare. I hope this is not too dull or lofty for a 8yo boy - or is he 9? My how time flies.
Speaking of time, it feels like an eon since my last entry. I have been swamped at work with new patients. They are labor intense and require a lot of paperwork. I could scribble illegible detail-less notes as I talk with them but these don't hold up later on. So I type them. I write as if the patient or an attorney could see them, but mostly I write for another MD. Iif I were to drop dead tomorrow no one would have any trouble picking up where treatment left off.
So there isn't time to write witty and thoughtful spo-notes. This is being composed off the cuff and without editing (jolly good fun but a bit giddy).

I wanted to let my spo-fans I am frazzled but not abducted.
Speaking of alien abductions, have you been abducted by aliens only to have them not give you a humiliating physical examination, but rather a good hair cut and total make over, and are too embarraseed to tell anyone? Please tell my fellow shrink in the far off kingdom of Massachusetts. He can not think of any reason why his patients believe they were abducted by aliens - except they were. I can - perhaps his patient are crazy! Apparently he does not first rule out if they are psychotic or depressed or have a history of abuse.
Once again C.G. Jung comes in handy by dodging the question of 'whether it is true' and talking about the archetypal importance of messengers from beyond (the Self - again).

It is late and I ramble; I have written 12 oh so practical professionally correct psychiatric evaluations and I miss being a bit off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I remember hearing awhile back (on another blog, unsurprisingly) about someone who suffered from a condition that would allow them to wake up 90% of the way while awake but not be able to move, and the other 10% of your brain was still in sleep mode so you'd see really crazy things and that some scientists thought this condition was why people thought they had been abducted by aliens, interesting theory anyway.

2:51 PM  
Blogger BentonQuest said...

I was abducted once. They really did give me a make-over. Then they were going to send me back down. So I got out my gun and pointed it at the leader and said, "You WILL give me an anal probe!" :0)

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home