Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ur-Spo Hotel and Resort


I’ve been wondering what sort of place I would be if I were a hotel

-I think I would be a ‘no children, no pets’ place; not that I dislike either, but they can be a bit of nuisance to watch and clean up after. Also, I envision fabulous décor that Junior or Puss may not appreciate or leave unblemished.
-I would have a spa; nice things that they are. Quiet music, masseurs and being pampered are all good things for the traveler. Touch is under utilized in this country.
-Fountains are must. I love the sound of water gurgling over stones or dripping into a pool.
-I would be rather cozy/small and without much tech -No restaurant; but a concierge that is fabulous, excited to help, and knows all the places (and dirt).
-A large lobby with plenty of large comfortable chairs in secluded corners, for reading.
-And finally – Staff that really knows how to service you, and a hot pot of tea available 24/7.

If this doesn't pan out, I will settle on being the Plaza.

1 Comments:

Blogger Conor Karrel said...

"Touch is under utilized in this country."

AMEN BROTHER! I've always said that myself! But on that note:

"Staff that really knows how to service you"

I'm not even going to touch that one.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home