Monday, June 12, 2006

Warrior Women

At the Flagstaff pride event were the usual stalls of clubs, organizations, and people wishing to sell me things. There were no lack of T-shirts. One stall was run by all women, with T shirts by women, for other women. One of their shirts had on it Gandhi, stating ‘Another Skinhead for Change”. My favorite was “I do not plan to tip toe quietly to my grave only to say I arrived safe and sound”.

In summary, the T shirts suggested questioning authority, not taking things as so, and standing up for what you believe.

They were a comfort- the women, I mean. It always cheers me to see strong women. If anyone is going to save the world and kick the appropriate butts it are these Warrior Queens. I miss my strong women. Without our lady personal trainer I am slacking off and going to pot. At the Pride event, while other men were drinking or cruising or dancing, we two went looking for a Warrior Woman in the field of law. Meanwhile we founder without female guidance.

But all is not too lost. We live next door to two strong women, a mother and daughter set, who are the street’s cheerleaders, den mothers, and gossip central. The dears! They always come over to check on the cats, water the plants and tell us the news. They include us in all the their holiday dos. They see us a great improvements over the beastly family of four who used to live here.

Now if I can only find an handywoman for the leaky faucets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home