Thursday, June 22, 2006

# 50

This is my 50th blog entry!
My blog attempt started last February. Now there are pictures, both from the Web and from my own collection. The various entries range from reflections on what I do for a living to what I am pondering or experiencing.
Going from ignorance of blogging to seeing others’blogs is humbling. Some fellows have been doing this for years, and have lavish sites. I surmise that every topic imaginable has been written out. I am regularly going back to 7-8 blogs whose set up and writings appeal to me (or have nice photos). Apparently most bloggers know everyone else, comment and read everyone else. It does make the Web seem ‘web like’.
My future projects are to decorate the blog with more photos and links and other attractive bits like I see in other blogs. Perhaps it is time to make my writings it a bit more fabulous and less pensive. What I will write about/where it is going is up for grabs. I am open to suggestions as to what the readers of Spo want to know from me!

Meanwhile, there are lists to all back upon to do.

I make lists the way others do Sudoku. List making is also a coping skill. My ADHD wired mind has troubles remembering things, so putting things on paper in list form creates Cosmos from Chaos. It is fun to ask my patients with ADD ‘how to you remember things, do you rely on lists?”. Their eyes widen and wonder how on earth did I know. Lists are also a convenient way of telling others my tastes and preferences. I hope in return I get lists back from others.

So I celebrate the 50th – with a list

5 Really good children’s books to reread as an adult
1) The Phantom Tollbooth
2) The Mouse and his Child
3) Alice in Wonderland
4) Peter Pan (the original, not some Disney watered down version)
5) Where the Wild Things Are

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

My barbels droop in shame. I have not actually read all of these yet.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

If you're really concerned about that weak memory, I suggest turning yourself into a Basking Shark. They never forget ANYTHING.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Did you know they're making "Where the Wild Things Are" into a film? My ex was working on the pre-production when we broke up, it could be interesting if they do it right, I actually really liked the script.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home