Friday, June 23, 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends



We recently had both Mother’s and Father’s Day. I want a recognized Friend’s Day. I see it as a day to cards and gifts acknowledging that they are important. Too often this goes without saying. I am blessed to have a whole bunch of special people to whom I go when I am vexed, cracking up, or need help moving the furniture..
This blog is to acknowledge a subspecies (more taxonomy!) of friends who gave me Unexpected Things I never knew I wanted or needed.
In no order at all<


George – my adopted Godfather, to whom I can always turn.

Doug – who taught me the differences between moths, skippers, and butterflies. Now I actually ‘see’ butterflies. If they existed before I never noticed. I see them everywhere now, especially the Swallowtails.

Eileen – who keeps me up to date on Godzilla, B movies, and history books along the general topic of “How X changed the world”

Michael Guy– who not only told me about blogs but encouraged me to try it out; this is jolly good fun Michael!

Marc – my pen pal of 20 years, whom I have yet to meet in person but I know as well as anyone.

Dale and Martin – who show me it is possible to hang in there with another person.

Jerrold – who taught me how to sew.
If you had asked me a few years ago if I would be interested in sewing I would have laughed. Now, I have an ongoing hobby of making Hawaiian shirts. (I hope to get some of my work up on this blog soon).

Mark – my ‘big brother’, who helped me grow up and out.

Rita AKA Sweetie Darling – for teaching me how to make pasta sauce. We squash the toms with our hands like true Italians.

Shon – gardening guru and guide to all that is green

And of course, that Scott, who introduces me to many wonderful things, such as antique malls, Patsy Kline, old cookbooks, and cats. He stops at nothing. .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, gosh shucks.

11:34 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

You have a pen pal you've never met? That is so cool!

And...since you're interested in gardening, we could share some recipes for some sewing tips!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's an honor to be included on your list. Hugs.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home