Saturday, June 24, 2006

In the Garden of The Gods


I am in Colorado Springs for a family reunion. Here is a photo of some of the red rocks at “Garden of the Gods”.
Curious that in this area well known for conservative right wing religion (Focus on the Family just down the road) this park is named after a pantheon. I wonder which Gods they are. Another example of enantiodromia making life balanced.
There is something numinous about being around mighty rocks millions of years old. Perhaps because my last name starts with ‘rock’ that I have been attuned to rock and stone all my life. I feel good around them.
I hiked around and felt the presence of the place. It was good to see clouds and the threat of rain. Also pleasing were the signs warning us of nearby black bears.

Native America, Bears, and Rock; I am in my elements today. I felt charged.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you just learned how to use a digital, that's an awesome picture. Can't wait to see more!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home