Saturday, October 21, 2006

Captain Caveman's Thank you MEME

Captain Caveman recently wrote a thoughtful blog entry in which he thanks some of his readers for being in his life. It was touching. He asks others to likewise. It is a good idea to bluntly say ‘thank you’ from time to time to people whose gifts are so obvious and ongoing that it often goes without saying.
My dilemma is I have 40 people to thank. I routinely go to the ones mentioned in my link - and a few more. They appeal to me in different ways. Some are outrageous; some are thoughtful; some are personal. They each have their appeal. I hesitated to follow up with Albert’s request as I didn’t want to thank all 40 as that would be a long entry.
Captain suggests we point out approximately six who have an extra connection or ‘pull’. I believe with the others 35 it is just a matter of time.

So I thank all my friends in blog-land first, and these six in particular –

Michael at Temporary Trouble Spots.
You would be the first to thank as you got me started in this hobby. Your passion and happiness from it inspired me to give it a try. You were very encouraging back in the winter/spring when I wrote and ‘no one came’. Blogging has become one of my favorite past times. I am indebted to you.

Matthew at Bear in the Box
You have becoming a spiritual brother. I sense we have a lot in common in tastes and thoughts. Of all the blogs I read I sense I have the strongest ‘bond’ to you.
I hope this grows.

Heather at Butterfly in Disguise
I am pleased and honored you drop by. At first glance we don’t have much in common, but our wit and our interests are similar enough that we ‘connect’. This connection in light of differences makes you special for me. I am glad you are visit the land of Spo.

Rodger at Rodger Dodger
You were one of my first readers. You are becoming special to me. Your photographs are brilliant. Through you I keep up my dormant hobbies such as gardening. Your gift of homemade jam was delicious and much appreciated. I look forward to more writings - you promised ‘this winter’.

Spider at Spider’s Web
You have a kind heart, not only for me but for so many bloggers. Every time I read your entries or comments I get a warm fuzzy feeling. You would be one of the ‘first of the 40” I would want to meet.

Kevin at Sorted Lives
Another dear heart from Florida (it must be the sunshine). Your pictures, wit, and personal matters make you one of my favorites to visit.

Joel at Would I?
Your passions, struggles, and joys – and your bravery to share them with all – are marvelous. I admire you for this. I appreciate your emails on top of the comments you leave at here.

Captain Caveman suggests you thank 5-7 people from you blog link/list too.

11 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Spo...

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind inclusion in your list - I was surprised and very honored... You and yours have an open invitation at the cottege whenever you are in Florida!

Again thank you so much for your kind words... I think that "kind heart" thing works both ways...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

btw - you all have an invitation at the COTTAGE as well!

3:36 PM  
Blogger john said...

I loved Captain Caveman's heartfelt tribute.
I'm going to do this meme soon too. I think some heartfelt thanks will help keep some spirits up.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Thank you Ralph!?

This really means a lot.
Like Spider says, you too have a heart of gold.

I enjoy your comments and e-mails as well but I'm not sure you'll like the one I sent you this morning. lol

Take care Ralph.

Have fun!?

Joel

5:12 AM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

A very nice tribute to our fellow-bloggers.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

"THANKS" for the sweet mention. No doubt you enjoy the blog-o-sphere as much as I do. It's the next logical step up from a written journal. Plus...bonus!..."comments"!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

How sweet and what a great idea.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Well done!!! And thanks for the mention. It feels really good when you do something like this. I think people deserve to know..well done!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Thank you brother! How sweet it was to see such a special and beautiful comment, and all about me! I too hope that our friendship grows and develops, I look forward to reading you everyday and hope that continues for a very long time. Much love to you and Someone, blessed be!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Butterfly in Disguise said...

That was very nice. I would have never of thought of something like that. I look forward to your comments everyday too. Did you notice I am the only woman you thanked??? Hmmm???

6:53 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

Michael - I go on vacation and you post this very thoughtful post. Thanks so much for the shout out. I will keep my promise and write more now that the weather has started turning and I hope Someone has to come to Portland for business again soon. It would be a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to it.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home