Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November Shirt

It is November
I associate each month with a colour. November is “Brown”. When I lived in the Midwest all seemed brown out of doors with the removal of the black and orange of October. But it was never a depressing month. Rather, with the excitement of approaching holidays – and the hopes of snow – I liked November. While others are getting ‘SAD’, mine lightens up.
This my ‘Bear” shirt. I found the fabric in Alaska. I was very pleased with this very early creation, and wore it to Bear events. Last year in Palm Springs I learned a shirt made from the same fabric is now commercially available. At first I was thrilled; I created something that became ‘fashion’. I was ahead of a trend! Then I realized my homemade shirt now seems a sloppy version of the commercial one. So I don’t wear it out much anymore.

The November Tarot Card is 2 Wands. This means looking forward to something new arriving, maybe at work/activity. Overall a good card; of anticipation.

Well folks, this may be my last blog entry for a while.
After work I have to pick up the new suit, go home, pack and get ready for tomorrow’s flight to Michigan. Spo-fans should recall Brother #4 marries this weekend. He is fortunate that all the aunts and uncles are coming, including all but one cousin. I will be glad to see all my relatives, for I like my family.

I get to read a poem at the wedding.
I promised Someone I would not to upstage the bride in being more radiant than she.

Have a good weekend. I hope our Midwest blood hasn’t thinned out too much after 2 years in Arizona. Send us warm thoughts so we don't ‘freeze’ in Michigan!

15 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Have a safe trip. Enjoy the wedding! Congrats to your brother.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy the wedding! Helpful hint: do NOT wear white! LOL!

I like the bear shirt!

10:24 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

What...no pics of this year's pumpkins? I should have stayed in bed.

This is the outdoor wedding correct...or did your brother get his fiance to change
her mind?

Fly safe, stay warm and have a great time!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Have a safe trip, enjoy yourself, stay warm and have fun!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I know! it is going to be below 70 degrees, I just knows it.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO

HAVE A NICE DAY

GREAT BLOG

3:05 PM  
Blogger BentonQuest said...

Supposed to snow tomorrow!

Nice shirt!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Hey bud...have a great time! Love the shirt!!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Not sloppy, but authentic...down to the bone authentic. That's better than commercially glossy anyday.
And shine baby, shine. Make that bride work for her share of the limelight.

8:40 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I hope you have a very safe trip to the COLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD weather. I didn't realize you've been here only 2 years (me too). I moved here over Labor Day 2004. Anyway, have a very fun time with your family and come home to the warm weather soon!

Take care.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

Have a safe trip. We'll be here when you get back.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the wedding.

4:13 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

Wow you made that? Such talent!!!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

If you make one every month how many do you have?

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the shirt.. yes it is still cold and brown in the midwest after Halloween.. i always called it the dreaming month.. when the world first went to sleep for the winter.

wishing you good times at the wedding

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home