Monday, December 11, 2006

Random Thoughts VIII


The artificial tree is up, and its lights work, but it remains half ‘spread’ and the other half looking like it just came out of the box for the first time – which is true. We’ve been concentrating on the lights outside to do the inside work. How odd to see tree half out of its box…..

Speaking of lights, we re-wired the outside spectacle and did not blow a fuse last night. We were pleased.

Thank goodness for the internet and catalogs from which I do most of my Christmas shopping these days. I still have to find prizes for the four nieces and nephews. Someone and I are on a budget for each other and I am half way done with that list.

And now for some James Joyce like prose;
I am playing the Christmas CDs each year I tend to get one more but Someone tried to put a stop to that but I’ll fix your wagon you want Christmas music I'll give you Christmas music Partridge Family Christmas CD there we are (or Donny and Marie) and Yes I said Yes I will Yes.
Sorry.
As I am also found of Dickens, I naturally read A Christmas Carol. Charles would be a bit annoyed to know this is his most popular work. There is more “ghost story” than seen in the TV and movie versions.

My favorite ‘new’ tradition is Dylan Thomas “A child’s Christmas in Wales”.
My favorite ‘old’ tradition is “Eloise at Christmastime” by Kay Thompson.

Would someone send us some snow?

12 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Oh no, scary woman ripping her face to shreds is back!! lol.
I'm so in the holiday spirit now with all the good music there is to hear. Love the sunglasses :)
Snow?? A couple hours north may get you the snow you want. I miss it too ;)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Spo...
I just love the fashion statement. The yellow glasses, the orangy bow-tie! SWEET!!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I thought they passed a law against playing Partridge Family music.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool shades dude...
and a loverly smile too
now stop singing and get back to decorating

6:55 AM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

You could always get the William Hung Christmas album! It's faaaabulous!!

P.S. We haven't gotten any snow yet either...

8:57 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

Gee...I hope you get that tree together real soon. It's almost time for Santa to arrive.

I didn't know The Partridge Family had a Christmas album. Can you actually find it on CD or is it vinyl only? Wait, why do I care?

12:26 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Gee...I hope you get that tree together real soon. It's almost time for Santa to arrive.

I didn't know The Partridge Family had a Christmas album. Can you actually find it on CD or is it vinyl only? Wait, why do I care?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I just melted over those sunglasses and bow tie--what a great ensemble.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

We've only had rain so far, so I can't send snow, but come spring I can drive down to our old neighborhood and box you up some fishflies. What do you say?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

fishflies!
Capturesthe urtext of Michigan almost as much as Vernors!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

OMG I love that album. I used to have the record. I would put it on, lie under the Christmas tree and look up at the ceiling and watch the show the lights put on it. Thanks for the memories.

2:35 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Can you believe, we actually had a couple of snowflakes in my mining town today! It really snowed yes it snowed I say I said it snowed yes I really did yes

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home