Friday, December 01, 2006

December Shirt



It is December. Today is AIDS day. One of my first patients was “Oscar”. Oscar died of AIDS. He was the first of many.

This is the “Bamboo” shirt, made from fabric found in Key West. It is from my ‘early’ period (when I was still learning how to use a sewing machine).

It is the month of Someone’s birthday. Being close to Christmas it makes it even more tough to think of a birthday prize for him. In recent years I have given gadgets, like ipods and fancy watches. I can’t think of anything so far. Anyone have any suggestions?

It is getting cold here in Arizona – down below freezing in the evening time. The news is treating it like the arrival of a hurricane. We have yet to turn on the heat but we will in a few days if this keeps up.
We haven’t put up the Christmas decorations yet; haven’t had the time. But the Christmas CDs are playing – I have a few I like for the ‘early part’ of the season. I reserve a few for more around the Christmas week.
I haven’t done any Christmas shopping – time to get cracking.

The Tarot Card for the month is The Chariot – and none too soon! The Chariot means success and victory through hard work - and mastery of the balance of light and darkness.

10 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Have a good weekend buddy!! The shirt looks very Tommy Bahama--my father collects Tommy Bahama shirts. But I think personally made items are more valuable.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

I like the shirt... as for Someone's birthday, I am thinking of one of those new things that plays your albums and converts them to CD's... very cool...

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the shirt, sexy bear.... does 'someone' have the same birthday as me? December 26th, a winter's child... give something from the heart.. something that meant a lot to you in the first days of your sexual heat... something that will remind him what a special person you are...

and the chariot... thanks for that... success and victory thru hard work.. which i am doing now.. writing about my days at Geneva College... when the god called me and would not be denied.....

12:25 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Nice shirt! As for Someone's birthday, how about tickets to a concert or show?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

My "someone's" birthday is the week before Christmas. I hear your lament! And to top it off...it's a big zero b-day for the BF. I need a grand idea.

What about a BOSE docking station for your "someone's" iPOD?

12:38 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

I've been reading your previous blogs to get a feel for "someone", but unfortunately I have to be around someone to get into their head. :)

What about a companion for James?
BTW My birthday is Dec. 16, sagittarians rock. :)

PS My brother lives in Goderich.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Doug Taron said...

Maggie,

Sagittarians do indeed rock. We have a Sag party every year celebrating the passage of the sun through the sign. Unfortunatley, Spo and Someone have never been able to attend. It's in 2 weeks. I'll post about it on my blog.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Like the shirt. It's getting cold here, too. It has yet to snow, but I'm going out on a limb and told Chris it's going to within the next week. Have you seen what's going on in the Midwest? Holy Crap! Hope you guys have a great weekend.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

Getting cold huh? Cry me a river, bunkie. We had an ice storm here yesterday. A great big tree down the road went down just perfectly...w/o damaging anything else, the ownwers were trapped in the house and the car was blocked into the drive so I hope they didn't need to be at work today.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

The shirt looks good. Arizona gets cold?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home