Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


As today is Thanksgiving, I am canceling How Does That Make You Feel? Thursday to write something else.

For which I am thankful

I am well
I have Someone
I have a loving family
I have good friends. My best friend Scott would walk the world over to get a blade of grass that I wanted if I asked him.
I have a house
I have great neighbors.
I have employment.
I have enough money really.
I have health insurance.
Despite several dark times, I have survived them.
I have the blogger world - with 40 new friends and probably more to come.
I have seen most of the places in the world I have wanted to see.
I have spent my entire adult life trying to ease the sorrow of my fellow man, so I believe my life has not been a waste, or a regret.

(And)

Homegrown tomatoes
Tea
Wine
&
Soup

Mozart
Mahler
Brahms
&
Arvo Part

Enya
Loreena McKennitt
&
The Boswell Sisters

Shakespeare
James Joyce
&
Dickens

And the Marx Brothers.

15 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Arvo Part--not a taste you tend to find a lot in the blogosphere. We've had several luminous performances of Part works by the Boston Symphony in recent years.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving you mysterious bear. And I am thankful for Enny too.. and all the other stuff as well, but mainly Enya

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and homegrown tomatoes
i love homegrown tomatoes

12:15 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Well put and I have to agree on many points such as Arvo Part and Tomatoes nut would add one to the list of authors...Pynchon!

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Happy TG!?

Have you been successful in growing your tomatoes?

Have fun!?

PS no life is a waste. They might feel it is, but it's not.

3:54 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

that was a beautiful list!

Happy Thanksgiving buddy :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Perhaps we should be as thankful every day...I think we'd all be a lot happier and content with the things around us. Happy Turkey Day

5:21 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

"so believe my life has not been a waste, or a regret" - if we could all go to bed and say this the world would be a better place...

Happy Thanksgiving Spo!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! What a wonderful list!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

It's a great list. I hope you had the best Thanksgiving ever.

10:59 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

No Penderecki? I guess that's for my list.
A great list.
I hope that you had an excellent, satisfying and enjoyable Thanksgiving, with friends, family and loved ones.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

And I am THANKFUL that I got me some 'SPO' this evening. Ya always make my day...now I could be more thankful unless you wrapped Jack Radcliffe up in only a red bow and sent him my way.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

All nice things to be thankful for. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I discovered on my trip that my BIL likes Loreena too.

I hoe you had a happy TG!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home