Thursday, June 29, 2006

Zafu and Zabuton

No, those are not the names of aliens from Outer Space.
They are a meditation mat and seat. I recently got the courage to buy a set.
Mine are dark blue.

For many years people have encouraged me to take up meditation. I am fully aware of its benefits and virtues, so I've never been wary of it. It is a major challenge for me. Sitting still and doing nothing/thinking nothing is antithesis to my ADHD wiring - which is exactly why I want to try it. I could use the balance. I know to go slow/short and not be discouraged by the flood of 'you should be doing something else' thoughts.

I've attempted many interests that burst and fizzle; I hope this one sticks.

3 Comments:

Blogger rodger said...

For a minute there I thought you might have just purchased a pair of Shih Tzu's. : )

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Well you are close;
Someone thought they were new beds for the cat.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

They're very nice, the best thing I've found to help my meditating is to imagine sitting in an all white room with no doors, it clears my mind quite well (imagine the "white room" on Angel the TV series if you've ever seen that).

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home