Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Far Too Serious

Some of my relatives, including my father, read my blog. So I have to be mindful not to post too much family “dirt” or shockers, lest I get email from kin, wondering what am I up doing out there in Phoenix?
One brother continues to plot to expose my childhood nickname on line if I don’t pay him off. My father had issue about the ‘How does it make you feel’ teddy bear vignette.
It’s nice to know that my family is close but it can be ticklish in blogging!

Lately one of them called asking about the latest entries; was I sad? Apparently the recent blogs have been ‘serious’; there was concern I was going down the tubes.
I’ve seen happen before when I sent out emails containing poetry. Any sad/dark poem got calls/emails wondering if I was depressed. (I was OK; once in a while I like a sad/dark poem)

So, the relatives are a sort of antithesis of Graham Chapman in Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
For those ignorant of MPFC; their comedy sketches would become more outrageous, only to have a British army sergeant walk on and announce the sketch was to stop, for it had become ‘far too silly’. It was an ongoing theme of the show - ‘Stop! Stop! This is becoming far too silly”
The anti-Chapmans are sending the feedback I am too serious.

You want silly? I give ya silly……

8 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Give me Monty Python and I am your blogging friend for life...

12:31 PM  
Blogger john said...

Well family will be family.

1:57 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

A dark poem...some good blues...all good for the soul!

2:56 PM  
Blogger jnuts said...

I fail to see how you can be "silly" in this god-forsaken weather, but I'm all ears (well, eyes). Does it involve a pony?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Just give us Ur-spo! Whatever that happens to be at the moment - silly or serious.

4:17 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I think lemuel hit it on the head. Be yourself. This is what I blogged about earlier - do we sensor? We should write from the heart - it's okay to be blue, happy, goofy, silly, aggravated...when it's consistently blue, then there is a problem.

I think our society wants us to be way too even; therefore, a lot of people medicate themselves so that they can achieve that most of the time. GO CRAZY I tell ya! :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

That's the fun thing about blogging. Inescapably, who we are eventually comes out. Not who we think we're supposed to be.
The revelation unfolds apace.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Oh never stop a Monty Python skit. They are works of art. I pee'd in my pants at the Broadway production of Spamalot...amust see. Nearly 2 1/2 hrs of laughter from a musical comedy!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home