Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Poem


EQUAL TO THE GODS - Sappho

Equal to the gods is
the man who sits
in front of you leaning closely
and hears you sweetly speaking
and the lust -licking laughter
of your mouth, oh it makes my
heart beat in flutters!

When I look at you
Brochea, not a part of my
voice comes out,
but my tongue breaks,
and right away
a delicate fire runs just beneath
my skin.

I see a dizzy nothing
my ears ring with noise,
the sweat runs down
upon me, and a trembling
that I can not stop
seizes me limb and loin,
oh I am greener than grass, and
death seems so near!

3 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

OH MY! That's pretty hot. What a way to really start the day.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

To hear those words spoken to you... that would be something...

7:15 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

woof!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home