Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Evening

I want to thank the dozen or so fellows who stopped by and told me ‘how they feel’ in the last entry. I enjoyed your response! I will try it again next Thursday.

I have collected several blogger’s email addresses. I enjoy sending more direct/personal hellos in this way. I am a good responder if you would like to email me from time to time.

Someone was away this week on business to Napa valley. Bankers sure know how to have a meeting. He is bringing home a bottle or two of Napa wine – outrageously priced but oh so delicious. The label of one of my favorite is pasted above.
When he arrived home we went to a local art gallery’s open house and exhibit. I have not been to an art ‘do’ in ages; I was enjoyable seeing the objects d’art and patrons thereof.

Brother #3 is coming to town this weekend; I pick him up from the airport.
I have to be more careful what I put on line about “la Familia” as some of them read this blog. (“Is that a friend of yours?” one asked me, seeing the photo of Jack Radcliffe)
Brother #3 is threatening to disclose some of my nicknames in a ‘comment’ section, so I have to be extra nice to him lest submit to blackmail.

I am counting the days down to the annual trek to Canada and Stratford, Ontario.

I hope all have a pleasant weekend.
Is it still hot where you are? Here is it in the 90s, which is ‘cool’ by Phoenix standards.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK "mouse", I have had the pleasure of brother #3 for a week of travel and WORK
and he knows "how I feel about that!" Besides being theraputic, he's been good company and a hard worker. I'm just sorry that I was too involved with other urchins to solidly do my "auntie Mame" thing in his childhood! You got my best!
So have fun with all the relates and be kind to ST. Matt and Jen; they, like your dad and I, are keeping the bloodlines pure. Lots of hugs

11:08 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Hmmm....'mouse'..makes me think of 'Tales of the City', Michael. Is this a clue?

12:50 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

It's terrible when siblings tell on you! :) I had a friend of my parents call me by a childhood nickname (that I dispise) in a very public gathering once. i could have killed him! hehe.

Our heat wave broke "a bit" yesterday. When I took the dog out at 4:30 this morning, I could actually breathe outside. It is still not what I consider "cool", but at least the humidity is much lower - for a day or so.

5:12 AM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I think it's nice they can come and visit, even if they like to drop really heavy hints about your personal info. Family...sigh.
And, "Someone", a banker, goes and confers on business in Napa valley, just happening to bring home to you a bottle of your favorite outrageously expensive Napa wine?
"?", he said eloquently, yet wordlessly.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Art "do's" are always fun! Did you have a good time?

I am not going to say a word about nicknames because mine is so terrible we won't even talk about it...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

hah!
Auntie Barb AKA Auntie Mame only gave out 'Mouse', which is the better of the nicknames.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never do anything to do you harm!!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home