Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gotta Have a Gimmick

I read two dozen blogs on a regular basis, and skim several more.
Several blogs have a run-on topic, puzzle, or forum question or photo. About once a week these ‘themes’ come up; they seem to be popular and very entertaining/thought provoking too.
Some examples (and some of my favorites are ---

Tony at Life's Colorful Brushstrokes - “Word Definition”
Derek at Past, Present, and Future - “Hunk of the Week”
Kelly at Stern Point of View -“Whaddya Want to Know?”
Rodger at Rodger Dodger- “Phun Photo Phirday”
Spidey at A Spider's Web – “Sunday Snippets”.
Keith at Sorted Lives has “Train Wreck”
Scott at Scott-O-Rama has “Question of the Week”.

The list goes on.
(And if you haven’t tried them out – please go to their sites and join the following.
They’re great!)

As imitation is the best flattery, I am trying to come up with some sort of “gimmick” of my own. So far, the Muses haven’t blessed me with an idea. Again they are out to lunch with the Fates or the Furies. (they do like their luncheon parties).

Well, I shall work on it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Hmmm. I'll have to think of a good gimmick for you and get back with ya.

Maybe something to do with this horrible heat in Phoenix, will it ever let up??

9:03 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

Thanks for the 'shout out' Michael! The Friday photo thing just sort of happened so don't think about it too much. Eventually you'll find something that recurs or strikes your fancy and you'll have it. And...if not...we'll still ready ya' because we like you..we really like you!

9:44 PM  
Blogger David said...

Like the new photo of you !!!!

5:43 AM  
Blogger john said...

I am also trying to come up with some sort of gimmick to do once a week. And my muse must be on vacation too.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

I was blogging for 2 years before I came upon the Sunday Snippets... it will happen - usually the best ideas come from other bloggers... ask Tony!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

While at work today (when I should have been listening to a patient's complaints) I got the 'inspiration" for a 'gimmick"
I'll set it up for a trial this Thursday.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

How about

"Nude Non sense November"?!

What about me, I don't count?

The white Martin?!

Joking!?

Maybe!?

hehe

4:04 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

thanks for the kudo, Hmm I'm going to have to think of something. Ur-Spontaneous you'll come up with something. Like the new pic, and you and your brothers.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home