Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Four Brothers

I am the oldest in a sibship of four boys.

There are the Marx Brothers, the Ritz Brothers, the Smothers Brothers – and then there are we. We generally like each other, and enjoy each other’s company.

Going from Left to Right in the photo –

William
Age 35
Rank #3
Family Nickname; Willow Man
Family Roles; The Computer Whiz; The Travel Agent.
Traits; William is the clever one, knows computers and techno-gizmos. He has traveled everywhere and has the best style/taste.
He is well over six feet
ADHD rating 1

Michael, AKA Ur-Spo, Yours Truly
Age 44
Family Nickname; if you think I am going to tell you that you have another think coming.
Family Role; Older Brother: Time Keeper: Whistle Blower: Referee.
Traits;while the bros got the height, I got the flair and fabulous. All turn to me for counseling and fashion sense.
I am well over four feet.
ADHD rating 3-4

Jeffrey
Age 31
Rank#4
Family Nickname; The Ka
Family Roles; the Clown, Baby Brother
Traits; Jeffrey got the brawn and the talent for sports, when his older brothers were all nerds.
He is well over six feet.
ADHD rating 5

David
Age 41
Rank #2
Family Nickname; The Beautiful Baby
Family Role; he produced the grandkids!
Traits; the amiable one who gets others riled up
He is well over six feet
ADHD rating ; 2 3 at family gatherings


13 Comments:

Blogger rodger said...

Hmmm...looks liek you're well over 5 feet tall. And...now that we know your brothers' names, we shouldn't have too much trouble finding out your 'Family Nickname'.

Of course it would be easier if you just told us yourself. : )

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

shan't tell!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

yes, we all get along - William and Jeff used to go at it some. David still likes to get Jeffrey all hyped up only to step back and pretend innocence.
But that's about all; we are a fortunate four.

7:37 AM  
Blogger john said...

What a beautiful family!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

What a handsome family - I always wanted brothers...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

I just wanted siblings and a family.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

Handsome family, Michael. And a blessing that everyone gets along. Do we win anything if we 'guess' your nickname??!

My money is on "Countess"...

Har! :) Signed, Buck Winston

6:57 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

I'm the oldest of four as well. Where was it I heard the young one was the one that supposed to turn out gay.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spo,

The temptation to reveal thy secret names (and there are many of them) is great, however, you gave me the lowest of the ADHD rating of the brothers, so I shall spare you humiliations galore. Keep it sweet!

Bhagwan Bill

8:51 AM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

Funny, I pictured them looking more, well, like YOU.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

they all look like mother
I am the 'twin' for my father.

8:39 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Big Bro, Four ADHD sibs, no scar tissue showing, and everybody smiling. By that I mean smiling without having to "put on". Seems to be a very physical "at-easeness" to the group. That,
to me is a marvellous accomplishment, even though I'm sure sometimes you want to kill them all.

11:11 AM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I stumbled upon your site. I, too, am in PHX and 1/4 of four boys in a family. I'm the third. It was nice reading about another family and how the brothers each have a role. We also have the wise one, the clown, ME, and the baby. It looks like you guys have a great relationship - just as we do.
Feel free to link my site to yours.
Steve

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home