Monday, July 31, 2006

Meditation on a Monday Night

It is Monday evening; Arizona is on Pacific Time in the summer, so it’s probably Tuesday morning for my East coast relatives and readers of Spo-Reflections.

Mondays are very long days for me. I get to the office by 630AM to do paperwork, phone in prescriptions, set up the day. There is never a ‘break’ on Monday; if someone should cancel another one take’s her/his place right away. Then there are new phone calls to return, impromptu crisis of the day. And the day’s notes to write.
You have something similar I am sure; most jobs are long and grinding.

By the time I get home on Monday night I don’t have much time leftover for ‘me’. I have to curb my appetite to do six hours of personal matters; I have only 3-4 hours total and I need to ‘wind down’ not get roused up.

So Monday night is usually Yoga night. I have a routine of postures, poses and stretches that I’ve practiced over time. They quickly shut off the mind buzzing and stretch my stiff muscles. I daresay it is one of the few times in a week where my mind is at peace. I am glad to have that meager morsel of serenity.

In the past six months, before my stretches, I read what the other bloggers have that is new. It still remains a thrill to see a ‘new posting’; it is always a slight disappointment to see some one not posting. I suspect Monday is generally not a good night for blogging.
I try to say this in various comments throughout the blogs but I very much enjoy the company therein. Some of the fellows sound just the sort of person I would want as a friend. One of my goals this year is to actually meet at least one of these bloggers in person, perhaps when I travel. That would be nice to put a real live person to the blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I think everybody has that ONE day where time just seems to slip away. Mine is ususally Wednesday. WTF is up with that, anyway? Oh, and yeah, I'm blogging on Mnday night.

6:59 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

You always make me think...of course that's how you make a living...making people think.

I often want to respond with a lengthy comment, which I have before, but now realize I should simply blog those comments.

BTW...Monday evenings are the only time I have the house to myself. I love that 'me' time much as you do your yoga and don't usually blog on Monday's.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Come to Florida - there are several of us who would love to meet you!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Maddog said...

I try and blog every day and had been doing a good job of it. But because of last minute plans I didn't to blog last Friday and we moved on Saturday so I have been without internet until today. Starting to night I'll be back on schedule.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home