Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Six Months Old!

Today is a mark of time for my blog – it is 6 months old.

What an amazing, fun filled, journey this has been!

I am most grateful and forever in debt to MichaelGuy at Temporary Troublespots for suggesting I give it a try. Big hugs for MG!

His advice was wise and excellent. He said to write, and keep writing, and don’t worry about how it looks/who is reading. Build it and they will come. Be myself and be true.

Over the months I learned some new computer skills, such as cutting and pasting pictures. I learned how to work the template. There are minor things perhaps but for me very rewarding to master.

Not knowing what I would do or write, I recently went over my blog’s contents. I saw it evolving, getting bigger and better. It amazes me that I dared to put up on line for all the world to read/see certain parts of my Self.

I’ve made a few errors, and blurted a few things I regretted later on, pissing off a few people. I was disappointed that certain people did not seem to return. I worried I would write and no one would read it.

Now, I read two dozen blogs on a regular basis, and snoop around a few more. I am beginning to know a new people, some I would like to call ‘friends’.

It remains just as exciting as when I first tried it. I hope it lasts. I hope to someday meet some of you readers/other bloggers.

What would I like to do next? I’d like to see more ‘flair’ in my format; I challenge myself to be more revealing and personal. Someday I hope to be as respected as some of the more experienced bloggers in my “links”.

“Would you tell me please, which way I ought to go from here?”

“That depends a great deal on where you want to get to”

“I don’t much care where-“
”Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”

“-so long I as I get somewhere

“Oh, you’re sure to do that. If you only walk long enough.”

12 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Happy Blogday! I'm abut 2 months younger than you on mine and share your feelings. I started mine as a 1 off to remind me of a holiday to New YorkI had just taken and It just rollercoasted from there.

Heres to the next 6 months friend !
David

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Happy Blogday!
What a great term!
Lord Willing, if it lasts to 1 years old, I'll have some sort of blogday party.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

ok, i'll also use david's term to wish you a happy blogday! with many happy returns.

just remain true to yourself in your posting and all the rest (the respect, etc.) will follow.

great blogging! keep it up!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Ur-Spo - you are so on your way you don't even know it. A great blog, well written and always a joy to read - you are on my daily read list - for what that is worth!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Ur-Spo - you are so on your way you don't even know it. A great blog, well written and always a joy to read - you are on my daily read list - for what that is worth!

10:58 AM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I think it's kind of cool to have a relatively sane voice in our corner of bloggerdom. I mean, you Are sane, aren't you? Because that's what I had imagined sane to be, and I'd be really upset if it wasn't, because then I'd have to figure out all over again how to act sane, and I don't know if I'm up to the effort any more.
Some of the most fun blogs to read are the most everyday, seemingly humdrum, because it's an honest view into a person's world.
For that reason I enjoy dropping in to check up on your world.

12:25 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I think we started around the same time. Mine was a New Years Resie that has stuck! :) Congrats on sticking to your goal for 6 months and may you have many more years to follow.

Steve

6:12 PM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

"Congrats"

Thanks for the shout out; I knew you'd enjoy this forum once you got underway. You have a natural talent for pen to paper--so to speak, and an honesty that resonates. Keep it up!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

Congrats on 6 months. You are one of the blogs that I seek out everyday to read. And perhaps I should go back and read the past posts to see who you've pissed off because all I have seen is a wonderfully kind man who let's us view his corner of the world.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog as well.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 6 month accomplishment. I created my blog about the same time as you, but have only become more regular in my entries in the past couple of months. I am not a daily blogger, but maybe as I become more comfortable with it, it will become more of a routine. Congrats again, and I look forward to adding you to my personla reads daily.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Congrats on your 6th month! It's a hoot, ain't it?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Keep it going ur-spo! It's neat to see what each of us gains from this blogging experience! Here's to another 6 months/cheers.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home