Friday, August 11, 2006

Random Thoughts III

Since I don’t take many photos, I don’t have a lot of home pictures to show people. This is too bad, as I am fond of blogs that have some photos. I hope to improve my photo skills.
This leaves me with writing. Again the Muses are out to lunch (This time with the Furies, as the Fates are on holiday, visiting the Graces). I can’t think of anything really to write that sounds clever or interesting. It could be that the Muses won’t visit, as the house is too cluttered; i.e. my head is stuffed with work related matters and there is no room for inspiration.

Like Mr. Sorted and Mr. Spider, I’ve had a busy week at work. The other doctor went on holiday, so I ‘covered’ for him. This is a bit like doing two jobs simultaneously, with a set of patients with whom you are unfamiliar. Mostly I put out fires and write prescriptions. Since he is a pediatric psychiatrist I must have done a 100 prescriptions for Adderall and Ritalin. I sense half the kids in Phoenix take speed. (the other half do ‘meth’ possibly).
So I go into the weekend with a pile of notes to write.
Still, it’s over, and I have a lot of brownie points – he has to cover for me in two weeks, which will be worse deal for him

We have no weekend guests this weekend, so Someone and I can do those put off chores around the house like gardening, cleaning up, and remembering who the other one is.

I look forward to reading the 30 blogs I visit/stalk to see what is up and going on in other people’s lives.

9 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Michael, I hope you and Someone have a great weekend just being. Take your time to breathe through the next few days. I also hope that my recent blog entry lives up to your expectations...LOL

9:22 PM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

Did I tell you that your successor at Paradise Acres also works at my new job? I saw her in the hallway today and she was looking distinctly rumpled. I wonder which population is getting her down more!

9:30 PM  
Blogger john said...

I was once thinking about pediatric psychiatry, but I thought it may depress me to see depression in children.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

Depression in children isn't depressing; it's irritating. They drive you bats, man.

9:48 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I gotta admit I have super mixed feelings about the amount of drugs prescribed for kids nowadays. A very mixed blessing. Is the "cure" deadlier than the ailment? 'course I know you have no control over your colleagues clients.
Ooh, I just noticed there is a "Someone". just noticed, that's all.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I hope that even in the midst of the "put-off chores" you and Someone will be able to "work on remembering who the other is" so that when you come down to the time this weekend when you **really** get to "remember", it will be even sweeter than ever!

[I loved the alusions to the Muses, the Furies, the Fates, and the Graces. Someone's someone knows his mythology! ***grin***]

4:35 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

I admire your line of work and how difficult it must be - you sure deserve your weekends!

I hope you and Someone can be together, reconnect and the Muses and the Graces come and dance at your dinner table!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I got a postcard from the Muses, they are spending a long weekend with the Vestals.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Spo-
Enjoy the weekend after the crazy week. Like Spidey says, reconnect with Someone, because that reconnection might just give you the stimulants needed to get those brain cells realing with ideas.

Ritilin...what's new with that. I have always said that that medication if like a fix-all for all kids hyperactiveness. It's given out like candy and not enough time is really spent ruling out other potential medical issues.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home