Friday, September 29, 2006

Fruit of My Labors

This is the one fruit of my labors this summer.
It is a “black” green pepper. It tastes the same as any bell pepper but it has a black skin. It is striking in a salad with orange pepper and tomato.
Can’t get that sort in a store.

I love growing vegetables, but I have more or less given it up; it is far too hot here to produce flowers and pollen. Container gardening hasn’t been a success as a single day missed from watering kills.
I have a few hot pepper plants growing so I may stick with them. (when in Rome…).

Still, when the seed catalogs start coming in December and January, let’s see if I succumb to purchasing all those lovely seeds that failed for the 2nd year in a row.

I am at the airport, waiting to board the flight to Chicago. Don King is on the flight.
Tonight we have dinner with Douglas and then to the opera...
Have a good Friday my dears.

9 Comments:

Blogger john said...

I wish I had the patience for gardening.

7:32 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

Nice pepper! Have a nice weekend and I'll be watching for your reviews.

8:31 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

Good luck at O'Hara, I have repeatedly had the worst time there getting connecting flights.

Does Don King still have his hair standing on end? :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

My hat is off to anyone who can grow anything. I just wasn't that good at it, so I gave up. Have a great trip, and ask Don King if he wants to fight for the window seat.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Have a great weekend Mr. Greenthumbs

11:31 AM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

have fun in chicago...cool black, green pepper. I'm thinking it would be a good ingredient for a gumbo!

10:06 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

you too, have a wonderful time in the windy city, I love Chicago, my best friend and his wife just got back from there.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Question does the pepper start out green and turn black? Reason I ask is I grew peppers last year and was told if I kept them on the plant they would turn red, something ate them on me so I never found out if they were telling me the truth.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

All peppers will turn red if you let them stay on the plant long enough.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home