Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Grinch Meme

In the true Grinch fashion, I stole this from a Who named Doug!

1. What do you hate most about Christmas? Shopping for presents. And getting them in time to get them into the post in time for Christmas delivery.
2. What is your least favorite piece of Christmas music?
That would be the ‘Christmas Song’ – Chestnuts roasting on an open fire….
This modern ditty, so slow and non-PC should be buried.

3. Your least favorite Christmas decoration?
Aluminum shiny strands of Christmas garlands.

4. Your least favorite Christmas treat?
Egg Nog. It is way too rich and sweet for my taste.

5. What traditional Christmas food OTHER THAN FRUITCAKE (too easy) is best sent down the garbage disposal?
How ironic! Normally I would vote for my mother’s green bean casserole. But you know, I am going to make it this year as I miss being at home for Christmas.

6. Which animated Christmas TV special leaves you wanting to rip the wallpaper off of the walls?
The SECOND Charlie Brown Christmas Special. A cheap attempt at capitalizing on the success of the original one.

7. What was you least favorite Christmas gift ever?
I recall gloves when I was 8 not going over too well.

8. What is your least favorite Christmas activity?
Untangling and putting up Christmas lights.

9. Who on your Christmas gift list is the hardest to shop for?
My Father. Not only does he have everything/wants nothing, whenever he gets an inkling of an idea, he announces it – and then a week later goes buys it himself. Bum.

10. How would you spend this time of year if you weren’t caught up in all of the holiday madness?
I would like a weekend in some secluded winter spa, lots of snow outside, and lots of hot water inside – with masseurs with strong hands to rub my limbs and apply hot stones to my back.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

HMMM! could this hot masseuse and one Jack Radcliffe apply those hot stones to your back and rub those aching muscles of yours?? LMAO.

1:02 AM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

Another fabulous Meme!

I shall be stealing this too....

9:12 AM  
Blogger Doug Taron said...

Thanks for stealing my meme. It's especially nice to have someone pick up on my first attempt at creating my own. I'll second Tony's comment about liking the Spa suggestion. Perhaps if we all went in together on a group rate, Mr. Radcliffe might be more affordable.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

#10 - I suggest you start a new Christmas tradition. I think a lot of us would be up for it. It sounds marvelous, especially if Mr. Radcliffe attends us all.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Maddog said...

If I didn't know better I'd swear you were a Scrooge. But as I said I do know better. #10 sounds great to me...I'd even take some place warm and sunny too.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Homer said...

i love eggnog!!!!!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home