Thursday, January 11, 2007

17 More Things About Spo

1. When you are cute, Spider writes all about you.
2. I dislike cheesecake. It induces nausea.
3. An expression that makes me smile every time I use it is comparing a noisy group to “An orchestra of scorched cats”.
4. Another one I like to say - “Sooner I’d eat rats in Tewkesbury than….”
5. I still have no understanding how to operate the 4-5 control panels that go with HAL, the entertainment centre in our house. Worse, Someone’s real name is Dave.
6. I have never changed the oil on my car myself.
7. One of my ex-patients is now on the radio, and well known. It makes me happy to hear his voice; that he is doing OK.
8. Recently a patient came in prior to his 2 year deployment overseas. He needed his depression as ship-shape as possible prior to going. He informs me half his people are on medications for depression. Wow.
9. I have 14% body fat. Gnash your jealous teeth!
10. I have 30 Hawaiian shirts in my closet. Over half are homemade.
11. Last month Target had a tree ornament consisting of 2 red cardinals in a nest. Any bird watcher knows that red cardinals are male, and 2 male cardinals would never nest together – so they must be queer birds indeed. We purchased it of course.
12. Speaking of birds, my favorite family of birds are the Owls. I love owls. They call to me.
13. I do not have triskaidekaphobia.
14. Someone and I did our annual ‘where would we like to go this year?” roster. We came up with 10 vacations to take in 2007. Now we have to be more realistic as to time/money/work away, and widdle them down to 4 weeks worth.
15. Melinda’s makes my favorite hot sauces. They are vegetable based so they have more flavor, less like ‘vinegar with mashed peppers’.
16. Drivers who smoke and throw their butts out the window – oh this burns my bacon worse than being cut off.
17. Since 2003 I get continuing medical education courses via audio CDs. 2 arrive each month. I have heard over 100 lectures this way.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope shock jock Howard Stern shares some of those millions with you, that he's making hand over fist.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL ;)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

#2. Pass it to me; I am more than willing to spare you your nausea. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it!
#5. Do you know the origin of HAL? Think "IBM" and "reduce" the position of each letter by one in the alphabet; then think of "777" as the perfect number (a "trinity" of 7's) and then the traditional "number of evil" ("666") - "trinity" of imperfection.
#11. that is so great! I love queer cardinals!
#16. I'm with you on the butts!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embrace the number thirteen!!

You think you sneaky today don't you?
I'm telling Dave.
;)

9:54 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

I'm not jealous of #9.
I am jealous of #14.(your relationship)

Being a Catholic, I've been around a few "queer cardinals". ;)

PS Dressed in red, too!!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

An orchestra of scorched cats - excellent - I have always liked "Like herding cats" or "Like nailing Jello to the wall" myself... When you are cute...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Had to google # 13...DUH!!!

My body fat is about the same

12..My totem is the eagle, can I call you ?

Love the shirts you have shown so far.

Lectures on CD!!! I would love that...I could make then shut up whenever I wanted. That would be bliss!!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I'm pretty sure I don't have triskaidekaphobia. I think. And, I am no longer #16. Please don't hate too much.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yep. No triskaidekaphobia for me, either. (Yeah, I had to check with Google, too.)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

I've totally been guilty of number 16, but I do love Melinda's. I am knashing my jealous teeth. It's also nice to hear that maybe my former therapists wonder about me. Hmm...probably just the poor sap who has to deal with me now!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I hate to say, but I am guilty of #16. I mean, where else am i going to put the cig butt? In my car? Don't think so! So out on the street it goes in hopes that all the cars in the road will slowly but surely disintegrate it.

2:34 PM  
Blogger TigerYogi said...

"Drivers who smoke and throw their butts out the window – oh this burns my bacon worse than being cut off"

I always take comfort that they'll be dying soon of lung cancer... ;)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#12 - I didn't know that you loved owls. I was just reading the other day that there is a fairly large population of an unusual Central American owl near Quepos. You take a 20 minute taxi ride to a spot wherethey hang out on power lines around dusk. If there's an opportunity, perhaps we might try it.

(Blogger is mad at me again- it's Doug)

5:01 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

#16 makes me really mad. I never litter because when I was young I threw a gum wrapper out the window and my dad stopped the car and made me find it. It took me a long while to locate it and he made me pick up all of the other jumk I found while I was doing it. Talk about a lesson learned.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

My mom does #16. She and I have had "discussions" about it. I lost.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hot sauce...I will have to try them. I too like owls, they are the coolest of birds.

11:05 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Cool list! I think you should shoot for 10 vacations ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

I always love your lists and learning more about you. The butts out the window drive me crazy as well.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home