Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Spo Resolutions

My goodness I came up with gobs of New Year’s Resolutions!
Many were leftovers from 2006 – resolutions that did not quite warrant as ‘met’.

Here are a few of them –
1 I’m leaving this one blank lest my mother read this.
2 I need to return to exercising 3x a week, even if it means a half hour walk
3 I want to gain some bulk, especially in the legs; so it is hit the gym time.
4 I promise Someone that I will not leave shoes and half consumed glasses sitting around the house.
5 I also promise Someone not to ‘talk’ to each other when we are on the other sides of the house. I am a bit hard of hearing, and the shouts back and forth of ‘what?” and clarification are not efficacious to communication.
6 Both the piano and the pan pipes want practice.
7 No more Ramen Noodles or nasty Chips!
8 Drink more red wine.
9 Meet at least one blogger in person.
10 Continue to squirrel away each month some money to the SEP.
11 Take a cooking class.
12 Redecorate the guest room (it still has the previous owner’s children’s murals on the wall).
13 Attend an opera that I have never heard before (Santa Fe Opera may be the answer for this one).
14 Daily stretches
15 Try to entertain/host some sort of social do each month, even if it means having a chum or a couple over for a simple dinner.

If all goes well, I should be musical, studly, limber, and in touch more with my inner-Martha Stewart, by 2008!

17 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

You and Someone have an open invitation to Orlando and the Cottage whenever you wish - that way you could take care of #9 - four or five-fold!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Good luck with that list, and I'm right up there with you on #2. I've been trying to lose weight because my cholesterol is so high and due to diverticular disease so I really need to stick to my diet/exercise regimen this time. And if the cooking classes go well, a bunch of us bloggers will have to visit to sample your cooking.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kisses

and Happy New Year !!!

HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

12:15 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

You should definitely check out the Santa Fe Opera - it is terrific and close to you! Good luck on these - I've stopped making resolutions...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

LMAO @ #12!?

Do 11!?

I'll do 12!?

Then 8, 9 and 15 will be covered!?

13 if you buy the ticket!?

lol

How come you do these things?!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

because there is so much of me that I want to improve!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Road Trip!!! You can meet a lot of bloggers. I strongly suggest meeting some. BTW you are already Studly!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very positive indeed! Good Luck!

Gotta perk things up for the Speedo in Costa Rica, huh?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

You could try making your own wine, then you'd be able to do #8 with no problem.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Way too many resolutions for me. I wish you luck with all 15. My resolution is (as always)to lose a few pounds and to try and be less "cluttery" around the house.

Happy New Year!

4:09 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

Very realistic resolutions. I admire you and wish you all the best in achieving them.

I am curious about #1 though.

None of my bee's wax, but inquiring minds......... haha :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I can't believe Stephen said that he was "cluttery"! LOL...his other half would LOVE to read that. I think I'm freaking him out b/c I'll be moving in with them for a while when I get back to Dallas.

Good luck with all of those resolutions! OMG...You're gonna be so hot!

5:51 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I am with you on the "get more exercise" resolution and I would also like to redo the guest room. It's full of books right now and I'd like to make it habitable for company, which leads me to my last resolution which is to entertain more!

Sounds like you've got a lot planned for 2007. Good luck!

7:05 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm hyperventilating with anticipation.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

They're great goals. Just don't be too hard on yourself if you don't get them all done. You and Someone are also welcome in NYC and chances are you might be able to take in a couple of operas here, drink a lot of red wine, there are great cooking schools, NYSC has lots of cute boys to work out with, walking is a given. I'll work on how to do the others while you are here.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

BUT SPO....YOU HAVE ONE MORE RESOLUTION FOR 2007! To track down and meet Jack Radcliffe. And if you kiss him, you'll get bonus points. Of course that won't happen 'cuz I'll beat you to it. LMAO!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

now why do you suppose I left #1 blank Tony?

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home