Monday, August 28, 2006

Curious Things Around the House #2

Out by the pool is a small statue of Pan. He used to sit in the garden back in Michigan. Now he sits poolside, playing the pipes while we swim.
I have always had a fondness for Pan. This little goat-man god has a lot of attractions. Like all Greek gods he has both positive and negative aspects. He is lusty, sensual, musical, and energetic. He can also be terrible; it is from Pan we get the word 'Panic' which he would evoke in people.
I am learning to play the pan pipes myself but I keep passing out from short windedness. I have to practice my blowing technique it seems.
In a week or so the Garden Gnome mentioned in last "How does that make you feel? Thursday" arrives. I hope these two will get along.

9 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Keep practicing that blowing technique !

1:20 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I'm not so sure that Pan will get along with anyone especailly with a gnome. After the fight you may need to put the gnome in solitary. You know, lock him in a closet by himself.

I've been think of things you could do to practice your blowing. hmmm. I may need to get back to you later on that one if I come up with any ideas.

LOL!

3:04 AM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'm not even going there...I'm not going in the gutter! Blowing techniques...are you kidding me? LOL

My vote on the WWF match is PAN, he's much hotter than the gnome :)

Glad you're safely back in town.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Ooooh, I see a cat fight comin' with the gnome and Pan. Very Dynasty-like falling into the swimming pool while pulling hair! I want pool-side seats to see that!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Not touching that one. Pan's kinda cute.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Maybe you and the gnome can practice blowing together?!

lol

So this is the Lord of my temp right now?! But I've always loved him!? I've watch every movie he ever made!?

I'm waiting for his next big movie, Peter blowing Pan!? hehe

3:55 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I have the same difficulty with the recorder. And it takes almost no wind.
But, if your gnome has sufficiently liberal instincts, and just practices saying "yes" to Pan, they should get along fine.
Pan will probably get him all liquored up and have his way with him.

11:55 AM  
Blogger rodger said...

Fortunately for you 'blow' is jsut a term! ; )

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Apparently James the Gnome is held up at the border; damn Gnome doesn't have his passport just right....

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home