Sunday, September 03, 2006

Impromptu on Sunday Night

This is written without forethought, without a topic in mind, without the predetermined notion of "what do others want to hear?"
If most bloggers write like this, I am in the minority. I think carefully ahead of time what I am doing, what photos to use, and whether anyone would find it interesting. This a worry, as I didn't start like that. Back in February, I wrote for myself. Over time I seem to have evolved toward 'writing for others'. I think this is an overall bad thing. Time to get back to the notion of writing for myself and if anyone finds it interesting that's fine. I suppose it is partially driven out of anxiety that if I am 'just me' no one would find it very interesting.

It has been a very quiet day. We both fell asleep early last night apparently exhausted from week. We were good boys and went to the gym today. I am out of shape. I am also not satisfied with my body; my arms and legs are too skinny. Only way to remedy this is to get to the gym on a regular basis.

I did the bills and budgets. Despite shelling out thousands of dollars for insurance I have some money left over. We are trying to book 3 vacations - an October trek to Chicago (opera), November to Michigan (brother's wedding), and February to Costa Rica (annual holiday). So funds will quickly be depleted.

I don't have any plans for September. I look forward to Arizona dropping below 100 degrees.
I look forward to reading blogs - lately I've had the honor of some new folks dropping by, so I want to see their work.

Tonight, I hope to play the piano, and perhaps pounce on Someone. Perhaps we'll see the new version of "The Wicker Man". Anyone see it/recommend it? (the movie, not the pounce).

That's all the ramblings. Let's see what being spontaneous does......

10 Comments:

Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

For crying out loud, of COURSE you should write for yourself. If you blog it, they will come. Counting you I am up to three steady readers myself!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Spontaneous always brings me back - write for yourself - it is what we all really want to read anyway... Have a great day off Monday and I hope someone got pounced!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had that very same discussion with myself many times...and written about it. I never have been able to find a balance between writing for myself or writing for others.

I started blogging with the idea of using it as a version of therapy. Hopefully working out problems in my "online journal" that would enable me to deal better with those problems in real life.

Somewhere along the line that changed. When it became a circus, I closed down. When I became depressed, I closed down. When it seemed like no one gave a shit, I closed down. Why? I have no idea. Well, yes, I have an idea. I'm impulsive, but...

As it is now, I just wing it. Some days I write for myself and some days I write for the masses. (I say masses with tongue firmly in cheek.) It never ceases to amaze what will get comments and what won't, though.

10:17 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

it's easier to be spontaneous I think, I started writing for myself, I get in the mindset sometimes I have to think my entries out, but spontaneous is sometimes the easiest for me. I havn't seen Wicker Man yet, but I want to see it.

10:38 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Always write for yourself and have fun. That's what this is all about...

2:22 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

You've always been interesting to read, but your "journal to yourself" is very much more so. I enjoy the "mundane" posts among my blogger friends. Perhaps it is the voyeur in my and others.

...and speaking of voyeur...do we get pictures of the pounce on Someone? ...Damn! I didn't think so! ***grin***

4:08 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Most of my posts are spontaneous.
From time to time a post will be inspired by someone or something, but most are on the fly.

I write for me, but I still try to involve the reader.

Take care!?

Have fun!?

Did the gnome arrive?!

J

6:08 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

THank you all,
James the Gnome apparently is blocked at the border as his passport is over 100 years old.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

LOL about the gnome's passport!
I, too, usually am a pre-planner when it comes to the blog. but it's nice sometimes just to ramble.
the vacations sound great!
the one here to Michigan should be well-timed for color!
and I must say I'm tinged - green with the Costa Rica plans!
enjoy what's left of this weekend, and hope someone got pounced!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

You should always blog for yourself, that's why I like reading you, because you are you! Cheesy but true!

Also, all I know about the "The Wicker Man" was that the original movie offended a lot of pagans as it painted them as devil worshipping human sacrificing evil people. Apparently they didn't appreciate that viewpoint.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home