Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mentall Illness in your Appliances


Mr. Spider at A Spider's Web got me thinking about whether or not a person’s personality can be illustrated by the type of dessert they eat. Since I usually don’t eat dessert, that would make me with ‘zero personality’ which I don’t relish as the truth. Hope not!

But perhaps it is not desserts but one’s favorite appliance that is the real personality test.

So, here it is;
Choose your ‘appliance’.
I gave the answers ahead of time, so you can get to work on your issues ASAP.

1) The TV – indicates paranoia.
“Gee everyone is watching me”

2) The lamp – manic depressive
“I shine brightly, then I just shut down and off”

3) The calculator – delusional disorder.
“Hey, I’m just as good a computer!”

4) The cell phone – schizophrenia
“I am receiving messages from out side and I hear voices in my head”

5) The washing machine – Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
“I keep washing the same things, over and over again, and they won’t stay clean”

6) The vacuum cleaner – depression
“Gee, life sucks, and so do I”

And finally

7) The bread machine – co-dependency issues
“I am so kneedy”

22 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

I was going to say "vacuum cleaner" until I realized that your line "...and so do I" did not mean what I thought it meant. (***EG***) ...so I've got to go with the calculator (delusional).

9:03 AM  
Blogger Doug Taron said...

If I pick the food processor, does it mean that I'm dangerously psychotic?

9:57 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

people who pick food processor should not be let out of doors unsupervised.

10:38 AM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

How about a toaster? Would you hand me that fork, please? I think something's stuck in there.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I'm definitely the bread machine with a close second to the TV, except that's not paranoia so much as hoping that everyone's watching me. I am an exhibitionist... I mean actor, after all.

10:54 AM  
Blogger john said...

I was going to say washing machine. Uh, just how accurate are these readings?
I hope you are having a great week. How did you ever make it thru Step 1 and 2 without a mental illness?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

John - who says I didn't?
Internship was hell and I believe in hindsight I met the criteria for Major Depressive Disorder.
What an awful year that was.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Vic Mansfield said...

How about lawn and garden equipment?

The passive-agressive weedeater? The hoe? well, maybe not.

The gas-powered mower -can't stop drinking, tears up everything in its path.

I'd better quit now.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Probably #5: the washing machine. I'm the OCD poster child, by the way.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I'm a remote,

Push my buttons and I'll make you do things you wouldn't believe!?

lol

5:34 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

I"m a bread macine

6:52 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'm sorry...I'm the MAGIC BULLET; I know it's not on your list. I love my mini blender with lots of gadgets, it's easy to clean, hides easily in the cabinet, and comes with functional glasses with colored rims - what is your diagnosis Doc? Come on...time to apply all of that book smarts :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel so honored to have imspired such a wonderful post as this - it is too funny - unless your favorite appliance is the vacuum cleaner with the cell phone and bread maker attachments, as mine is, then this post is just too sad...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

Joel -your idea was a LOL

Steve - Magic Bullet types are in desperate need of an expensive analysis that will merely prolong the problem.

Spider - you need to lay off all appliances and eat more dessert this week, and all will be well.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I think I am more like the washing machine. My friends, however would probably compare me to scissors.....a bit "snippy" at times. What do they know?

9:10 PM  
Blogger rodger said...

I'm sure I know what's coming when I say...my favorite appliance(s) is a really good range/oven and a spectacular vent hood that pulls about 3000 cfm.

Okay Doc...give it to me.

10:27 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Thanks...I always did have expensive taste :)

STEPHEN! YOU'RE AN IRON!!! OMG, I've never seen anyone IRON so much...and yes, you're snippy too :) but I love your flaws too.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

LOL.
Those are good. I'm not sure which of those I would be. I always thought of myself as a mixer.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

geez, gay guys and their appliances!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I am bread machine. Which one is you?

8:26 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

I'm not sure about an appliance, but I may be the passive-agressive "As Seen on TV" kitchen gadget.

Looks pretty but in the long-run takes longer to "chop your veggies" than a simple knife.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Cliffie, The Lemming Girl said...

Am I in trouble if I say "slow cooker"?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home