Monday, September 11, 2006

Hedgehog News

I have a fondness for the hedgehog.
When I was a boy, these little fellows evoked smiles and comfort. They continue to do so. I suppose I like their ability to crawl into a ball and sleep. They were my ‘totem’ animal for many decades. (now of course, being middle aged and fuzzy/whiskered it is the bear). Somewhere in the house I have a pile of stuffed animal hedgepigs; gifts given over the years in the vein of“I know you like them so I got you one….”

Recently Brother #3 reminded me of this all by sending me an article.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060901/ap_on_sc/britain_mcdonald_s_hedgehogs

I found it both comforting and somewhat absurd.
I hope it brings you laugh or a smile.

Ur-Spo AKA "Spiny Norman" AKA just plain Michael

9 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

At least, "Spiny", you'll feel safer now eating at MickeyD's! Hehe!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Hey Spiny!?

At least you'll be able to pull out before getting sick.

lol

10:02 AM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

It's strange... some of us have that certain fascination with things that begin in childhood. For you Hedgehogs, for me it was/is Snowmen. I have a vast snowman collection and I have no clue why. lol

10:32 AM  
Blogger john said...

I use to love the game Sonic Hedgehog, does that count for anything?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Too funny - Hampton's favorite play toy is a stuffed hedgehog... she likes it better than her bear and her elephant and her turtle... go figure!

3:41 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

"Spiny Norman"??? That will have to be another blog entry. It made me happy that Micky-Dees, in all of the destructiveness, is doing a good job to preserve nature - NOW, let's stop contributing to making the US THE LARGEST in the world :) Can I biggy size that for you?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Funny how you would never think how products can hurt the woodland creatures. How many Hedgehogs does England have.

Spiny eh...You will have to tell us about how you garned that nickname.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

hanuman! you got the reference!
clever man!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Conor Karrel said...

My totem animal for a long time was the Oppossum, what does this say about us, choosing small furry/spiny critters?

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home