Saturday, September 09, 2006

Thank you

I want to thank everyone in Blog-land who wrote comments, sent emails, and telephoned with condolences and support.
Bloggers whom I have never spoke with or met offered to do things, gave out telephone numbers etc.
But mostly they were with me.
A paradox! At a time when I felt alone I was surrounded by others.
Good Mr. Sondheim in "Into the Woods" hit the nail on the head with "No One is Alone".
We can not escape grief but we have each other. And that makes all the difference.
What a fantastic thing is this blogging! Who would have thought that after six months I would have such a marvelous group with whom I can share joys, jokes, and sorrows.
I am so glad to be 'one of us'.
Back to the usual nonsense tomorrow. Time to get out the black bombazine......

8 Comments:

Blogger Vic Mansfield said...

Losing a friend is always very tough. Those deeply loved are sorely missed.

Be good to yourself, kind, gentle, and easy. As Tiberius rests in peace, knowing he was loved, so too may you, kind one.

Shalom, Joe.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

The world is full of wonder such as humanity. I am glad you started blogging, it is nice to make your acquantance.

Just remember grief is a process and you will have good days and bad but Tiberius will always be with you.

10:54 AM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I agree with Pete; there are good and bad days. Your grieving may continue for a while. Understand that when you are sad or missing him, he is near. You don't want to ever not miss him or forget him. Soon those moments of missing him will be replaced with a smile - reminding you of somthing funny that he did or the way he snuggled with you. That time will come.
And, I'm really glad we both started blogging - I look forward to reading about your day.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Just a smile for you :) and a big HUG!

1:03 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

By bombazine, do you mean Nature's Abhorrence, the vacuum?
A new word for me.
Some of my most "real" relationships are with bloggers, as though distance makes relationship more possible, another paradox.
I'm very glad that you got the support to help you a very sad experience. Will you have a memorial for your pet, to say goodbye?

1:42 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

That is what it is all about - being here for each other - aren't we supposed to do that as friends and humans?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Big virtual hug from Montreal!?

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man who knows references bombazine. My heart be still. Truly.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home